Search

Saturday, January 24, 2015

What happened

      It has been said somewhere that Life is what happens as we are making other plans.  So much happened when we moved to Texas from Alaska, Thomas was 2 months old, we had bought a house, I had lost my planned "career"  job(my position had been "eliminated"), and I was working a thanklessly frustrating job that was wearing me down inside and out.    Traci had to return to work since my income alone wasn't going to keep us in our new home and feed us.  This was rough for her, she had been working with autistic children for 20 years and was ready to be a mom and housewife.



     Something had to change, six months after taking all the required classes I began a new career as an EMT and have since continued my training to the paramedic level.  Traci discovered we were pregnant with Ian the same week we lost her youngest brother Timmy in an accident.  Then we lost a beloved aunt the week before Ian's birth. I was working two part time jobs and going to community college to for EMT classes during this time and everything was a mess, in limbo.  No consistency at home and no light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.  Looking back now at that inconsistency, the frustration, the whole energy of the situation; how did that affect Thomas?   

No comments:

Gogetter

Custom Search

Gogetter Results

Rest well

Rest well
Quiet time